Friday, December 7, 2007

Lonely LoyKraTong Day

On 24th November, that is LoyKraTong day, Thai people usually go out with their family, friends, or their boyfriend or girlfriend. There are many reasons that make people believe about this day. For example, people who go to release the KraTong with their couple, boyfriend or girlfriend, at Chulalongkorn University, will broke up with their present love.
Exactly, this culture aims to make Thai people think of or realize about the surrounding things, environment, especially rivers. We believe that if we release the KraTong that means we respect the mother of the water, called PraMaeKongKa. And this culture was established since the age of SuKoaThai is a capital of Thailand, so long time ago.
How about my trip on LoyKraTong day? I went to Chulalongkorn University. The story was begun by my brother. Actually, he may be my sister as well, I mean he’s not a real guy. He asked me to go with him because he was getting some hurts from his love. At that moment, I really felt don’t want to go anywhere because I really sick of crowded, but my brother was so pity then I accepted his invited.
I met him at Siam Centre at 8.30 P.M. exactly, we had appointed to meet each other at 7.30 P.M., we were late either cause of traffic jam. We walked from Siam Centre to Chulalongkorn University, it took times for more 30 minutes, so many people their on the sidewalk.
When we arrived to the pond of Chulalongkorn University, my brother began to cry and I really don’t know why. I was so wondered! And then he told me that he saw his ex-boyfriend, he came with another boy. I can only just try to appease him. He held my hand and walked to a shop that sold KarTong. We bought it and walked to the pond then we released it, released with the pains, the tears, and unlucky things. We also trusted in those.
After we released the KraTong, the next, we have to hurry to find some way to get back home because of late night, but he asked me to go to some pub near our homes. so I went there with him, after that his friends came to the pub and my friends came either. I was there for a hour and I realized that I have to get back home as fast as possible because it passed mid-night. Therefore, I left there alone. I got on a taxi and time during the way back home, I thought of many things that i didn't do well and I told myself that i will change it to be better than that I was, up to now. When I arrived home, I knew that no ones i my family stayed awake that made me feel safely from the complaining of my parents that I was home late.
That was the day that I feel like I’m so lonely, even though, I have many ones around me.

No comments: